Monday, May 26, 2014

F.E.A.S.T.: Parmedijon Chicken

Hello everyone!

Today I have a new method for you, a F.E.A.S.T. that is guaranteed to jazz up plain old boneless/skinless chicken. It's simple, straightforward, and surprisingly tasty given how little goes into it. I call it Parmedijon Chicken, a name that I totally did not make up for the sake of a snazzier-sounding blog post.

In all honesty though, I highly recommend you try this. My mother has been making it for years and it's always a hit. I think you'll be impressed with how easy it is to make, especially when you compare that fact to the results. But as usual, I'll just let the food speak for itself.

WHAT I USED!!!
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts  (stock)
3/4cup panko bread crumbs  (from a $2 box)
3tbs melted butter  (stock)
approx. 1/3cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese  (from a $5 block)
approx. 3tbs honey dijon mustard (stock)
salt & pepper to season/taste  (stock)

Check out that list! I told you it was simple. But wait, it gets better!

WHAT I DID!!!
Preheat the oven to 500 degress, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out the chicken. Smear the top of each breast with the honey dijon, using as much or as little as you like. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.

Combine the panko, butter, and cheese in a bowl. Using your hands, mound this mixture onto each breast, applying gentle pressure to ensure it all sticks.

 


Bake for 10-15minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is Golden, Brown, and Delicious. Serve with the side or veggies of your choice.


There. That's it. Simple. Easy. But oh so tasty. The chicken cooks quickly, so as long as you watch it it won;t have time to dry out. Aside from that one issue you're golden. Let's take a look at our acronym:

Fast: The whole process took around a half hour to make, so yeah, I'd say so.

Easy: Did you see that method? Anyone can do it!

Affordable: I keep frozen chicken on hand at all times, so the whole meal came together for under $10. And it fed three people, so not bad.

Super-Tasty: Yes, yes, yes. The mustard and the cheese combine together in a very pleasant way, sweet and salty, savory and spicy. The chicken cooked perfectly, having no time to dry out because it cooks so fast. And the panko provides a nicely contrasting crunch. Overall, delicious!

So, I would have to say this is one of the best weeknight quick-and-easy meals you're ever likely to make.

And it's so easy to adjust too! If you need to feed more people, just add more chicken and up the panko by a 1/4cup and the butter by 1tbsp per breast. You'll need to increase the cheese and mustard correspondingly, of course, but I reckon you figured that out. And if you don't have panko, you can always grind up some plain old sandwich bread in your food processor to make breadcrumbs. Just use about 1 slice per each breast, and you're set. It won't be as crunchy, but it still works in a pinch.

Anyway, I hope that some of you will give this a try and let me know what you think. I always hope to see feedback from my readers.

Until next time, go forth and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment